10704Iceland and other Pics, Plea for Good Behavior

  • Todd
    Feb 17, 2013
      Birders,

      I have placed a few Pics of the Iceland Gull on my Flickr Page, in the set Lakeview Riv Gulls. I also put a shot of the Glaucous, as well as a pale Thayer's type and an adult Thayer's.

      The entire area where the gulls are frequenting is private property. Monday will be a full work day for all the various agricultural properties so please stay on the shoulders of the expressway (but well off the road). All of the Iceland Gull shots today were taken from the shoulder of the expressway. If you are patient, the bird will eventually come to you.

      Anyone who creates a disruption or annoyance to the property owners on either side can potentially create access issues for the locals who are finding all these goodies for the rest of us to enjoy. Please be on your best behavior!

      Here's the link to the photos:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/35719772@N06/

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Calabasas CA

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "Howard" <redhillbrd@...> wrote:

      > A second cycle ICELAND GULL was present at the Bootsma Dairy pond on the north side of Ramona Expressway east of Lakeview. This bird was first found last Saturday by Mark Chappell and seen again last Sunday but not seen again until today. Also present was a first cycle GLAUCOUS GULL, a second cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL and several THAYER'S and GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULLS.
      > Remember that both sides of the Ramona Expressway is private property and act accordingly. Also remember the Expressway is a notorious speed trap..
      > cheers .Howard King

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic