10518RE: [CALBIRDS] Re: [LACoBirds] White Wagtail California Records

  • Guy McCaskie
    Dec 9, 2012
      Bernardo,

      The answer is YES - 27.

      Rare Birds of California (Hamilton et al 2007) lists 26 CBRC endorsed
      records (Rare Birds of California was published after the AOU "lumped" the
      Black-backed and White Wagtails). The Table of Records updated through 31
      October 2012 (see the CBRC website) lists one additional record. As such,
      the CBRC has endorsed 27 records.

      In cases like this, where the exact number of records for any given species
      is required, I recommend using the number listed in Rare Birds of
      California, the additional number listed in the updated Table of Records at
      the CBRC website, and any very recent records a query of the CBRC DataBase
      may show.

      Guy McCaskie

      Secretary CBRC

      guymcc@...