10488Gray Hawk still present 12/2/12 1:15pm

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Dec 2, 2012
      Hi Birders

      At 1:15pm, Nick and I came across the immature GRAY HAWK as it was perched on the purple clothing store shack "Salt" roof located on the west side of 101 in Carpinteria, CA at the Santa Claus Lane exit. It seems to hunt along the Amtrak train tracks since we've arrived. It's not raining at this moment. Great early birthday CA state bird present!

      We just spoke with a birder and said the hawk was just on the inland side across the 101 from here! Ooh, it's here again!

      Happy CBCs!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA

      Sent from my iPhone