10042[CALBIRDS] Re: NORTHERN GANNET at SEFI

  • Steve Hampton
    Apr 26, 2012
      Or via Nicaragua (San Juan River to Lago Nicaragua, from which a soaring bird can see the Pacific), or the Panama Canal (on a ship?). Elegant Terns probably get across the other direction similarly.

      Steve Hampton, Ph.D.
      ________________
      Resource Economist
      Office of Spill Prevention and Response
      California Dept of Fish and Game
      PO Box 944209
      Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
      (916) 323-4724 phone
      (916) 324-8829 fax

      >>> Nate Dias <offshorebirder@...> 4/26/2012 10:54 AM >>>
      Amazing record.

      Presumably the bird got blown across Mexico (and into the Pacific) by a hurricane or tropical storm?

      Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC

      > -----Original message-----> From: Dan Singer > To: SFBirds , Calbirds > Sent: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 17:11:31 GMT+00:00> Subject: [CALBIRDS] NORTHERN GANNET at SEFI> > Hi all,> > Sophie Webb reported a Northern Gannet from Southeast Farallon Island earlier this morning (found by Peter Warzybok). Photos are on Facebook, though hopefully they'll be posted elsewhere eventually so more folks can see them. Looks like an adult. Evidently circled around a bit before disappearing into the fog. > > I'm unaware of any Pacific Ocean records for this species. Not exactly one I was expecting to show up in California! > > Dan Singer> Pacifica

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic