LASD Captains interview.......

  • bobl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
      So I had my interview with about 10 others and we all said why we wanted to be sheriff's and what we did to prepare, he said good gave us a speech on being responsible.... after that he said thanks and shook our hands and we where out the door. So what next? wait for letter or call ? did I say the right thing ? would they really cut you after 8 months of doing everything else over a 10 min conversation with the captain? I swear they could have at least said your hired or not and still pending academy date. Any one have any insight on this or going through same issue ?
    • Justin Linville
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
        Everyone is the same way when applying. Don't let the unknown get you all worked up. Nobody can answer if what you said was right or wrong. I know you see the light at the end of the tunnel, but continue to be patient. If everyone of you didn't receive a conditional job offer then that's a better outlook than some getting one and you not. Good luck I'm sure your fine

        Sent from my iPhone

      • gsferguson2000@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
          No news is good news. Means they haven't said no.

          Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

          Everyone is the same way when applying. Don't let the unknown get you all
          worked up. Nobody can answer if what you said was right or wrong. I know you
          see the light at the end of the tunnel, but continue to be patient. If
          everyone of you didn't receive a conditional job offer then that's a better
          outlook than some getting one and you not. Good luck I'm sure your fine

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 15, 2012, at 12:50 PM, "bobl" <hya1300busa@...> wrote:

          > So I had my interview with about 10 others and we all said why we wanted
          to be sheriff's and what we did to prepare, he said good gave us a speech on
          being responsible.... after that he said thanks and shook our hands and we
          where out the door. So what next? wait for letter or call ? did I say the
          right thing ? would they really cut you after 8 months of doing everything
          else over a 10 min conversation with the captain? I swear they could have at
          least said your hired or not and still pending academy date. Any one have
          any insight on this or going through same issue ?

        • c man
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
            Yea thats true just anxious i suppose thanks for the replies.
            To: CABasicPolice@yahoogroups.com
            From: gsferguson2000@...
            Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:33:47 -0700

            No news is good news. Means they haven't said no.

            Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

            Everyone is the same way when applying. Don't let the unknown get you all

            worked up. Nobody can answer if what you said was right or wrong. I know you

            see the light at the end of the tunnel, but continue to be patient. If

            everyone of you didn't receive a conditional job offer then that's a better

            outlook than some getting one and you not. Good luck I'm sure your fine

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jun 15, 2012, at 12:50 PM, "bobl" <hya1300busa@...> wrote:

            > So I had my interview with about 10 others and we all said why we wanted

            to be sheriff's and what we did to prepare, he said good gave us a speech on

            being responsible.... after that he said thanks and shook our hands and we

            where out the door. So what next? wait for letter or call ? did I say the

            right thing ? would they really cut you after 8 months of doing everything

            else over a 10 min conversation with the captain? I swear they could have at

            least said your hired or not and still pending academy date. Any one have

            any insight on this or going through same issue ?

          • hawkeyes7870
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 28, 2012
              I hope your grammar and report writing is better than what your message indicates. Always try to improve.