Saturday Meeting and Request for Donations

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2008
      Yes, so as Casey mentioned, tomorrow's meeting is on (!) at Los Altos with projector, as I just spoke with Ed and plan on picking it up from his house tonight.  Now, I just hope I can get there in time Saturday morning.  *crosses fingers*

      Also, I just spoke with Ed, and he said it's okay to post this.  As some of you may recall, I posted a little while ago about having distributed CA-West fliers before Fanime at a lot of places (and on the hottest days of the year).  This was before I realized how much money (and stress) it was going to cause.  As a result, I am asking for donations at this month's meeting (or whenever you want to give it) toward printing and gas costs.  (I'll break down the figures here so I won't have to go over them again Saturday, but I'll probably have to anyway.)  In total, I distributed fliers at 41 places: 12 comic book/anime stores; 20 San Jose, Santa Clara County, and Los Gatos libraries; 4 Eastridge stores; 3 Oakridge stores; 2 Great Mall stores; and SJSU.  I also spent $90 in color and b/w ink printing 400 fliers for each of 3 clubs, and spent $50 in gas.  That works out to about $47 for each club.  (I also have receipts, if anyone needs to see them.)  I don't expect to get all of it back, but I'm asking that you please donate whatever you can, in addition to the usual $10 fee for the room.  Thank you.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2008
        On Friday 20 June 2008, Eileen Chong wrote:
        > Yes, so as Casey mentioned, tomorrow's meeting is on (!) at Los Altos with
        > projector, as I just spoke with Ed and plan on picking it up from his house
        > tonight. Now, I just hope I can get there in time Saturday morning.
        > *crosses fingers*

        Well, at least you know we can't start without you! Many thanks for taking on
        the job of Mistress of the Projector, even temporarily. <grin>

        > going to cause. As a result, I am asking for donations at this month's
        > meeting (or whenever you want to give it) toward printing and gas costs.

        Sounds fair enough to me. We'll pass the can; everyone please plan to toss a
        couple of bucks in so we can cover the room rental and Eileen's efforts!

        Impartial, adj.:
        Unable to perceive any promise of personal advantage from
        espousing either side of a controversy or adopting either of two
        conflicting opinions.