RE: [CA-West] August Meeting

  • Darquan .
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2008
      I live in Milpitas, in case you need someone from there to hold the room.

      To: ca-west@yahoogroups.com
      From: elenaluz@...
      Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:13:32 -0700
      Subject: [CA-West] August Meeting

      Hi all,

      Well, I didn't end up making it to the Foothill meeting this month on the 1st, like I was hoping to (my mom decided to go on a last minute trip to the Grand Canyon), and subsequently, I didn't end up reserving Los Altos Library for the August meeting, which I was planning to do at the same time.  However, I called around and found out that Milpitas had an opening, for Sunday, August 17th, from 12-6, which I reserved.  All of the other libraries (Saratoga, Los Altos) were booked for all weekends in August.  Milpitas' August Sundays were pretty much open, so I chose the one closest to our meeting day.  I haven't paid for the Milpitas room yet, though, and we have until August 9th to pay, so there's still time to decide.  I brought this up with Ed, so now I'm bringng it up to you.  We can discuss it here, and then I'll bring it up again at this Saturday's meeting, and we can decide then, or wait 'til Ed comes back in July.  However, there's a chance I won't be around for the discussion in July (my mom has something planned for that day).

      Eileen

      Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.
    • Darquan .
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
        I think it's best to wait for Ed to make a final decision. But taking votes if people are ok with a Sunday on this meeting couldn't hurt. -I won't be able to make it this Saturday myself so let me know how it goes. By the way how much is the room?

        To: ca-west@yahoogroups.com
        From: darquan@...
        Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:37:31 +0000
        Subject: RE: [CA-West] August Meeting

        I live in Milpitas, in case you need someone from there to hold the room.

        To: ca-west@yahoogroups .com
        From: elenaluz@gmail. com
        Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:13:32 -0700

[...]

        The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
          It's $10.

          Eileen
        • Darquan .
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
            Considering it's that cheap, come august I can just pay first, before a decision is made. And if people want to cancel, no big deal. I can part with $10.

            To: CA-West@yahoogroups.com
            From: elenaluz@...
            Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:22:03 -0700

            It's $10.

            Eileen

            The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves. Learn More
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
              On Thursday 19 June 2008, Darquan . wrote:
              > I think it's best to wait for Ed to make a final decision. But taking votes
              > if people are ok with a Sunday on this meeting couldn't hurt. -I won't be
              > able to make it this Saturday myself so let me know how it goes. By the way
              > how much is the room?

              It's more of a consensus than an "Ed decision", but yeah, any final decision
              should wait for the July meeting.

              I will say that Sundays are not very good for me. If we do have a meeting,
              I'll probably have to make arrangements for someone else to pick up my laptop
              and run the program. But we can deal with that if it becomes necessary.

              It was a book to kill time for those who liked it better dead.
            • blackbatgraphics
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 9, 2013
                Will there be an August meeting.?
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 9, 2013
                  --- In CA-West@yahoogroups.com, "blackbatgraphics" <crow136913@...> wrote:

                  > Will there be an August meeting.?

                  Yep. Third Saturday (the 17th) at the Los Altos library.

                  I'll be posting the schedule tomorrow, as usual.