May 2007 Meeting Program Schedule Schedule

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2007
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) New location! See details below.

      2) New time! Unless otherwise specified, we'll be meeting on the
      *third* Saturday of the month from now on.

      3) As we discussed during the meeting in April, I've accumulated a
      huge backlog of first episodes. In order to reduce the backlog
      (currently at 157 shows), this month and next month we will show
      nothing but first episodes. In July we'll premiere a whole new
      schedule mixing first episodes with ongoing shows (a return to our
      usual practice, in other words).

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but
      I'll be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's
      a bit easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work
      around that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to
      tears. I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody
      likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Campbell Library. Directions and a
      map are below. We don't really know what the space and electrical
      capacity are like; be prepared to adjust to new circumstances.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including
      different shows to try, in case something doesn't show up. This club
      is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

      CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month
      from 11 AM to 5 PM at the Campbell Library.

      Meetings are free and open to the public

      Schedule for 19 May 2007

      11:00 - 11:05 Sound Check / Opening Video / Silliness: Gyagu Manga
      Biyori 01
      11:05 - 11:30 Black Jack 21 01
      11:30 - 11:55 Good Witch of the West 01
      11:55 - 12:15 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements
      12:15 - 12:40 High School Girls 01
      12:40 - 1:05 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 01
      1:05 -  1:30 Himawari 01
       1:30 -  1:55 Inukami 01
       1:55 -  2:20 Jyo Oh Sei 01
       2:20 -  2:45 Love Get Chu 01
       2:45 -  3:10 Ray 01
       3:10 -  3:35 Simoun 01
       3:35 -  4:00 Strawberry Panic 01
      4:00 - 4:25 Sugar Sugar Rune 01
       4:25 -  5:50 Shinigami no Ballad 01

      (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change)

      Questions/comments?
      Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
      Anything else: Ed Goodwin goodwine@... (408)227-4292

      Venue information:
      Santa Clara County Library (Campbell branch)
      77 Harrison Ave
      Campbell, CA 95008-1499
      (408) 866-1991
      http://santaclaracountylib.org/campbell
      (Handicapped Access is on the Harrison Street side.)

      Driving:
      Highway 880/17: Take the Hamilton Avenue exit. Northbound travelers
      turn left on Hamilton, drive over Highway 17, and turn left on
      Salmar. Southbound travelers continue straight through the
      intersection onto Salmar. Once on Salmar, drive south until it turns
      into Harrison. Continue left on Harrison, past Grant. The library is
      on the right side of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking
      lot.

      Highway 280: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz),
      and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 101: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz),
      and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 85: Traveling North from south San Jose connect with Highway
      17 (North toward downtown San Jose) and follow the directions above
      for northbound 880/17 travelers, or take the the Union exit, turn
      left and follow Union up to Campbell Avenue. Turn left onto Campbell
      Avenue, then right onto Harrison (just after the railroad tracks).
      The library is on the left side of the street and has 2 driveways
      into the parking lot. Traveling South from the Saratoga/Cupertino
      area, take the Winchester Boulevard exit, turn left onto Winchester,
      and follow the "From Winchester Boulevard directions below.

      From Winchester Boulevard: Turn onto Hamilton Avenue (northbound
      travelers turn right on Hamilton; southbound travelers turn left on
      Hamilton). One block past the first light (Central Avenue), turn
      right onto Harrison Avenue. The library is on the right side of the
      street, just past Grant, and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Busing:
      Route 26: Stops on Campbell Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 61: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 82: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk down Harrison to the Library.

      For more information, see http://www.vta.org/schedules/
      (Thanks to Norman, Mike, and Ed for the info!)

      Map:
      http://maps.google.com/
      maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+harrison+ave,+campbell,+ca++95008&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

      If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/yx75pz

      If you're like me, and like to have directions from a known location,
      http://tinyurl.com/y8va6w will give you a map and directions to the
      library from Nikaku.