Re: [CA-West] Re: 15 December Holiday Meeting -- Program Schedule

  • magpie@lmi.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
      Quoting elenalucy <elenaluz@...>:

      > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
      > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

      Wrapping = "white plastic garbage bag" (or at least that's been true
      the last couple of parties) Gift = "anime/manga (or related thing),
      possibly something you got awhile back that just didn't thrill you".

      Tickets are distributed (for free) during the meeting.

      Maggie
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
        On Tuesday 11 December 2007, elenalucy wrote:
        > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
        > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

        The only requirement is that you must be at the meeting. Everyone gets a
        ticket, and we keep giving stuff away until we run out.

        If you have anything anime/manga related that you can bear to part with, bring
        it along and we'll add it to the pile. If you draw something of your own,
        too bad. <grin>

        If you want to make life easier, wad up some newspaper around whatever you're
        donating (to conceal what it is) and shove it into a trashbag. If it's
        something not suitable for children, use a red sharpie to write a big letter
        H on the bag.

        All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of
        the United States.
        -- Vic Gold
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2007
          That's awesome. xD