Re: 15 December Holiday Meeting -- Program Schedule

  • elenalucy
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
      How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
      for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

      --- In CA-West@yahoogroups.com, "solo_polyphony" <casey@...> wrote:

      2) Holiday meeting! Bring goodies for the raffle!

      Eileen
    • magpie@lmi.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
        Quoting elenalucy <elenaluz@...>:

        > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
        > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

        Wrapping = "white plastic garbage bag" (or at least that's been true
        the last couple of parties) Gift = "anime/manga (or related thing),
        possibly something you got awhile back that just didn't thrill you".

        Tickets are distributed (for free) during the meeting.

        Maggie
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
          On Tuesday 11 December 2007, elenalucy wrote:
          > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
          > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

          The only requirement is that you must be at the meeting. Everyone gets a
          ticket, and we keep giving stuff away until we run out.

          If you have anything anime/manga related that you can bear to part with, bring
          it along and we'll add it to the pile. If you draw something of your own,
          too bad. <grin>

          If you want to make life easier, wad up some newspaper around whatever you're
          donating (to conceal what it is) and shove it into a trashbag. If it's
          something not suitable for children, use a red sharpie to write a big letter
          H on the bag.

          All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of
          the United States.
          -- Vic Gold
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2007
            That's awesome. xD