15 December Holiday Meeting -- Program Schedule

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2007
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) Reminders: Campbell Library, Third Saturday of the month. See
      details below.

      2) Holiday meeting! Bring goodies for the raffle!

      3) Regular show schedule is on hold this month. We'll have a longer-
      than-usual break for the Business Meeting to accomodate the party; in
      addition, we'll be showing one-shots instead of our usual ongoing
      shows.

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but
      I'll be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's
      a bit easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work
      around that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to
      tears. I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody
      likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Campbell Library. Directions and a
      map are below.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including
      different shows to try, in case something doesn't show up or doesn't
      play properly. This club is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

      CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month
      from 11 AM to 5 PM at the Campbell Library.

      Meetings are free and open to the public

      Schedule for 15 December 2007

      11:00 - 11:05 Sound Check / Opening Video / Silliness: Damekko
      Doubutsu 18
      11:05 - 12:00 Marriage (2 part OAV)
      12:00 - 01:00 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements / Party
      / Etc.
      01:00 - 02:40 The Star of Cottonland
      02:40 - 03:25 Azusa Will Help
      03:25 - 05:05 Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

      (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change)
      (several other one-shots are on hand in case we run short)

      Questions/comments?
      Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
      Anything else: Ed Goodwin goodwine@... (408)227-4292

      Venue information:
      Santa Clara County Library (Campbell branch)
      77 Harrison Ave
      Campbell, CA 95008-1499
      (408) 866-1991
      http://santaclaracountylib.org/campbell
      (Handicapped Access is on the Harrison Street side.)

      Driving:
      Highway 880/17: Take the Hamilton Avenue exit. Northbound travelers
      turn left on Hamilton, drive over Highway 17, and turn left on
      Salmar. Southbound travelers continue straight through the
      intersection onto Salmar. Once on Salmar, drive south until it turns
      into Harrison. Continue left on Harrison, past Grant. The library is
      on the right side of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking
      lot.

      Highway 280: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz),
      and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 101: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz),
      and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 85: Traveling North from south San Jose connect with Highway
      17 (North toward downtown San Jose) and follow the directions above
      for northbound 880/17 travelers, or take the the Union exit, turn
      left and follow Union up to Campbell Avenue. Turn left onto Campbell
      Avenue, then right onto Harrison (just after the railroad tracks).
      The library is on the left side of the street and has 2 driveways
      into the parking lot. Traveling South from the Saratoga/Cupertino
      area, take the Winchester Boulevard exit, turn left onto Winchester,
      and follow the "From Winchester Boulevard directions below.

      From Winchester Boulevard: Turn onto Hamilton Avenue (northbound
      travelers turn right on Hamilton; southbound travelers turn left on
      Hamilton). One block past the first light (Central Avenue), turn
      right onto Harrison Avenue. The library is on the right side of the
      street, just past Grant, and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Busing:
      Route 26: Stops on Campbell Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 61: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 82: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk down Harrison to the Library.

      For more information, see http://www.vta.org/schedules/
      (Thanks to Norman, Mike, and Ed for the info!)

      Map:
      http://maps.google.com/
      maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+harrison+ave,+campbell,+ca++95008&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

      If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/yx75pz

      If you're like me, and like to have directions from a known location,
      http://tinyurl.com/y8va6w will give you a map and directions to the
      library from Nikaku.
    • xmann37
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
        Hey all :-(

        Unfortunately, I lost my nearly complete Fall-Line-Up of shows.
        Hopefully, some of the guys in back will be able to help me out?
        So if that means bringing anything extra please do.
        I'm worried people might bring less since it's the Christmas party.

        Thanks!

        See you at the party!
      • elenalucy
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
          How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
          for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

          --- In CA-West@yahoogroups.com, "solo_polyphony" <casey@...> wrote:

          2) Holiday meeting! Bring goodies for the raffle!

          Eileen
        • magpie@lmi.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
            Quoting elenalucy <elenaluz@...>:

            > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
            > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

            Wrapping = "white plastic garbage bag" (or at least that's been true
            the last couple of parties) Gift = "anime/manga (or related thing),
            possibly something you got awhile back that just didn't thrill you".

            Tickets are distributed (for free) during the meeting.

            Maggie
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2007
              On Tuesday 11 December 2007, elenalucy wrote:
              > How does the raffle work again? Do we need to bring a wrapped gift
              > for it? Do we need to buy tickets at the meeting?

              The only requirement is that you must be at the meeting. Everyone gets a
              ticket, and we keep giving stuff away until we run out.

              If you have anything anime/manga related that you can bear to part with, bring
              it along and we'll add it to the pile. If you draw something of your own,
              too bad. <grin>

              If you want to make life easier, wad up some newspaper around whatever you're
              donating (to conceal what it is) and shove it into a trashbag. If it's
              something not suitable for children, use a red sharpie to write a big letter
              H on the bag.

              All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected President of
              the United States.
              -- Vic Gold
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 12, 2007
                That's awesome. xD