24 March Meeting (Campbell) - Program Schedule

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17 3:54 PM
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) Reminders: Campbell Library, fourth Saturday of the month. See details below.

      2) Same plan as last month: the tax people will be out sometime between noon and 1:00. I'll be there by noon to set up and start the show as soon as they leave.

      3) The April meeting will also the 4th Saturday, but it will be a full-length meeting. Everything back to normal in May.

      UPCOMING MEETINGS:
      March: Campbell 3/24 (4th Saturday) - Short Meeting
      April: Campbell 4/28 (4th Saturday) - Normal start time
      May: Campbell 5/19 (3rd Saturday) - Normal start time

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but I'll be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's a bit easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work around that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to tears. I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Campbell Library. Directions and a map are below.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including different shows to try, in case something doesn't show up or doesn't play properly. This club is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

      CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month
      from 11 AM to 5 PM at the Campbell Library.
      (except when it doesn't)

      Meetings are free and open to the public

      Schedule for 24 March 2012

      12:00 - 11:10 Opening Shorts: Higepiyo 23, Fireball Charming 6
      12:10 - 12:35 Dog Days 6
      12:35 - 1:00 Gosick 14
      1:00 - 1:25 Ben-To 3
      1:25 - 1:50 Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin 13 (final episode)
      1:50 -  2:15 Sora no Otoshimono Forte 12 (final episode)
      2:15 - 2:40 Shinryaku! Ika Musume S2 3
      2:40 - 3:00 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements
       3:00 -  3:25 K-ON Season 2 17
       3:25 -  3:50 Natsume Yuujinchou 12
       3:50 -  4:15 Sengoku Otome Momoiro Paradox 11
      4:15 - 4:40 C3 6
      4:40 - 5:05 Very Delayed Extended New Show Tryout: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 2
      5:05 - 5:30 Open Programming / Cleanup

      (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change, YMMV)

      Questions/comments?
      Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
      Anything else: Ed Goodwin edgoodwin9@... (408)227-4292
      (put "CA-West" in the email subject or you might be filtered as spam)

      Venue information:
      Santa Clara County Library (Campbell branch)
      77 Harrison Ave
      Campbell, CA 95008-1499
      (408) 866-1991
      http://santaclaracountylib.org/campbell
      (Handicapped Access is on the Harrison Street side.)

      Driving:
      Highway 880/17: Take the Hamilton Avenue exit. Northbound travelers turn left on Hamilton, drive over Highway 17, and turn left on Salmar. Southbound travelers continue straight through the intersection onto Salmar. Once on Salmar, drive south until it turns into Harrison. Continue left on Harrison, past Grant. The library is on the right side of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Highway 280: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz), and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 101: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz), and follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 85: Traveling North from south San Jose connect with Highway 17 (North toward downtown San Jose) and follow the directions above for northbound 880/17 travelers, or take the the Union exit, turn left and follow Union up to Campbell Avenue. Turn left onto Campbell Avenue, then right onto Harrison (just after the railroad tracks). The library is on the left side of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking lot. Traveling South from the Saratoga/Cupertino area, take the Winchester Boulevard exit, turn left onto Winchester, and follow the "From Winchester Boulevard directions below.

      From Winchester Boulevard: Turn onto Hamilton Avenue (northbound travelers turn right on Hamilton; southbound travelers turn left on Hamilton). One block past the first light (Central Avenue), turn right onto Harrison Avenue. The library is on the right side of the street, just past Grant, and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Busing:
      Route 26: Stops on Campbell Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 61: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 82: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk down Harrison to the Library.

      For more information, see http://www.vta.org/schedules/
      (Thanks to Norman, Mike, and Ed for the info!)

      Map:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+harrison+ave,+campbell,+ca++95008&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

      If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/yx75pz

      If you're like me, and like to have directions from a known location, http://tinyurl.com/y8va6w will give you a map and directions to the library from Nikaku.
    • Ed Goodwin

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17 10:56 PM

          On Saturday, March 17, 2012 08:37:42 PM Ed Goodwin wrote:

          > I won't be at the meeting on Saturday, March 24.  I am out of town

          > unexpectedly.

          Sorry to hear it. We'll carry on as best we can in your absence, though.

          Good luck.

          Lockwood's Long Shot:

          The chances of getting eaten up by a lion on Main Street aren't

          one in a million, but once would be enough.

        • Bruce Krueger
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2012
            Is CA West on the third Saturday this month?
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 13, 2012

              On Friday, April 13, 2012 10:27:17 AM you wrote:

              > Is CA West on the third Saturday this month?

              Nope. 28th.

              But at least it's a full-length meeting.

              A city is a large community where people are lonesome together

              -- Herbert Prochnow

            • Bruce Krueger
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 15, 2012
                thanks.

                   brus.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 27, 2012
                  My game plan is to be at your place tomorrow at 8:45 or so.