Re: [CA-West] Re: February & March Meeting Dates

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 26, 2010
      On Monday 25 January 2010 at 09:48 pm, ed_cawest wrote:
      > I'm going to be out of town Feb 13th - 16th. In addition to someone
      > getting the program material from Casey, someone will also have to arrange
      > with me to get the equipment (projector in a case, the white network box,
      > and a wine-case-size box with the sound system) before the morning of the
      > 13th.

      This is sounding more and more complicated -- I could pull the program
      together for someone to pick up my laptop and projector, but with neither of
      us there, coordinating everything and actually running the program seems like
      a real problem.

      I'm thinking that unless we get some volunteers real soon, we should just
      cancel February.

      Eileen, can you confirm that the March meeting is the 21st?

      This is for all ill-treated fellows
      Unborn and unbegot,
      For them to read when they're in trouble
      And I am not.
      -- A. E. Housman
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 26, 2010
        I didn't realize that February 14th was Valentine's Day until Casey mentioned it. I think my boyfriend may kill me if I miss this, so unfortunately, I can't help out either. Sorry. =\

        I keep getting different information when I call. So far, we are booked for Los Altos on 2/14, and Milpitas for 3/21. Below is what I have for Los Altos Library, as far as booked/open times are concerned. The last regular Los Altos librarian I talked to (1/23) said we could transfer our 2/14 reservation to another day w/o paying again, if we want to. The 3rd Sat in March, 3/20, and the 4th Sat, 3/27, are both open at Los Altos (see below). I also want to call Milpitas library tomorrow, to see if they have any other time slots open in February. (They may think we want a whole day, when we just need a half day.)

        Los Altos

        Booked = booked, Open = open, and times in black are open times avail for reservation

        2/6    10-3
        2/7    Booked
        2/13    Booked
        2/14    Our reservation
        2/20    Booked
        2/21    5-11
        2/27    6-11 (Teen Cooking from 1-6, may req' cleanup afterwards)
        2/28    6-11
        3/6    Booked
        3/7    10-6
        3/13    4-11
        3/14    Open
        3/20    Open    (3rd Sat)
        3/27    12-5:30    (4th Sat)
        3/28    6-11

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 26, 2010
          Thank you *very* much for pursuing this so diligently!

          Based on the dates below, my vote would be to cancel the February meeting and
          grab 3/20 at Los Altos, since that would get us our regular day at a library
          we've used before.

          If Milpitas has something useful in February, I'd be open to that instead of
          canceling the February meeting.

          On Tuesday 26 January 2010 at 07:37 pm, Eileen Chong wrote:
          > *Los Altos*
          >
          > Booked = booked, Open = open, and times in black are open times avail for
          > reservation
          >
          > 2/6 10-3
          > 2/7 Booked
          > 2/13 Booked
          > 2/14 Our reservation
          > 2/20 Booked
          > 2/21 5-11
          > 2/27 6-11 (Teen Cooking from 1-6, may req' cleanup afterwards)
          > 2/28 6-11
          > 3/6 Booked
          > 3/7 10-6
          > 3/13 4-11
          > 3/14 Open
          > 3/20 Open (3rd Sat)
          > 3/27 12-5:30 (4th Sat)
          > 3/28 6-11
        • ed_cawest
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2010
            Since all the regulars at the Jan meeting were OK with 3/21, the reservation is already made (and probably paid for), there's plenty of food nearby, and we can try out the new "showplace" library, I'd vote to leave things as they are.

            Ed

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 10, 2010
              On Wednesday 10 February 2010 at 10:33 am, ed_cawest wrote:
              > Since all the regulars at the Jan meeting were OK with 3/21, the
              > reservation is already made (and probably paid for), there's plenty of
              > food nearby, and we can try out the new "showplace" library, I'd vote to
              > leave things as they are.

              Which I realized a little later, yeah. Hence my message Monday that, unless
              something new came up, March would be 3/21 at Milpitas.

              Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked
              something.
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
                I went to Los Altos on Sunday, and booked 3/20 (the 3rd Saturday) from 12-8 pm since the room was avail, and cancelled the Milpitas reservation. Sorry I didn't post earlier; I haven't had internet access until now.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 11, 2010
                  Eileen: Given all the confusion, I want to double-check. Is the following the latest, current news?

                  I'd hate to show up with the program on 3/20 and have everyone else show up to watch on 3/21 in a different city...

                  C.