18 July Meeting (Campbell) - Program Schedule

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2009
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) Reminders: Campbell Library, Third Saturday of the month. See
      details below.

      2) Sorry about the lack of a tentative schedule last week. Too much
      going on. Please let me know as soon as possible if you have any
      concerns about the program this month!

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but I'll
      be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's a bit
      easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work around
      that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to tears.
      I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Campbell Library. Directions and a map
      are below.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including different
      shows to try, in case something doesn't show up or doesn't play
      properly. This club is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

        CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month
        from 11 AM to 5 PM at the Campbell Library.

        Meetings are free and open to the public

        Schedule for 18 July 2009

      11:00 - 11:15 Opening Shorts: Fireball 10, Chocolate Underground 10,
      Haruhi-chan 3
      11:15 - 11:40 Asu no Yoichi 7
      11:40 - 12:05 Michiko to Hatchin 8
      12:05 - 12:25 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements
      12:25 - 12:50 Kannagi 9
      12:50 - 1:15 Soul Eater 17
       1:15 -  1:40 Toradora 6
       1:40 - 2:05 Kemeko DX 9
       2:05 -  2:30 Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo 12
       2:30 -  2:55 Eden of the East 4
       2:55 -  3:20 Maria-Holic 5
       3:20 - 4:10 New Show Tryout: RideBack 1-2
       4:10 - 5:00 Open Programming
        New releases often make this one of the best parts of the program
        (and obscure shows can make it one of the weirdest parts!)

       (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change, YMMV)

      Questions/comments?
        Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
        Anything else: Ed Goodwin goodwine@... (408)227-4292

      Venue information:
        Santa Clara County Library (Campbell branch)
        77 Harrison Ave
        Campbell, CA 95008-1499
        (408) 866-1991
        http://santaclaracountylib.org/campbell
        (Handicapped Access is on the Harrison Street side.)

      Driving:
      Highway 880/17: Take the Hamilton Avenue exit. Northbound travelers turn
      left on Hamilton, drive over Highway 17, and turn left on Salmar.
      Southbound travelers continue straight through the intersection onto
      Salmar. Once on Salmar, drive south until it turns into Harrison.
      Continue left on Harrison, past Grant. The library is on the right side
      of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Highway 280: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz), and
      follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 101: Connect with Highway 880/17 (South toward Santa Cruz), and
      follow the directions above for southbound 880/17 travelers.

      Highway 85: Traveling North from south San Jose connect with Highway 17
      (North toward downtown San Jose) and follow the directions above for
      northbound 880/17 travelers, or take the the Union exit, turn left and
      follow Union up to Campbell Avenue. Turn left onto Campbell Avenue, then
      right onto Harrison (just after the railroad tracks). The library is on
      the left side of the street and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.
      Traveling South from the Saratoga/Cupertino area, take the Winchester
      Boulevard exit, turn left onto Winchester, and follow the "From
      Winchester Boulevard directions below.

      From Winchester Boulevard: Turn onto Hamilton Avenue (northbound
      travelers turn right on Hamilton; southbound travelers turn left on
      Hamilton). One block past the first light (Central Avenue), turn right
      onto Harrison Avenue. The library is on the right side of the street,
      just past Grant, and has 2 driveways into the parking lot.

      Busing:
      Route 26: Stops on Campbell Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 61: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk up First Street to the Civic
      Center Plaza. The Library is on your right.

      Route 82: Stops on Hamilton Avenue. Walk down Harrison to the Library.

      For more information, see http://www.vta.org/schedules/
      (Thanks to Norman, Mike, and Ed for the info!)

      Map:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+harrison+ave,+campbell,+ca++9\
      5008&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

      If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/yx75pz

      If you're like me, and like to have directions from a known location,
      http://tinyurl.com/y8va6w will give you a map and directions to the
      library from Nikaku.