Re: [CA-West] which NAS?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2009
      On Saturday 02 May 2009 at 10:45 am, ed_cawest wrote:
      > I welcome everybody's input about theirs.

      I've got two:

      Buffalo TeraStation: Purchased because at the time (5 years ago) I needed 500 GB of storage *fast* and it was available. Pros: works very reliably. Cons: slow and small. Not easily expandable.

      Synology DS207+: Pros: firmware upgrades are frequent and easy to find, active community support supplies additional software with the company's blessing, nfs support is built-in. Cons: Two drives doesn't offer much flexibility. I'd recommend a model with four drives.

      The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more
      annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.
      -- Oscar Wilde