28 February Meeting -- Program Schedule

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2009
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) Reminders: Los Altos Library, Fourth Saturday of the month. See
      details below.

      2) Officially, we're booked into the library starting at noon.
      However, the last few times we've met at Los Altos, they've let us in
      to the room early. So I'm planning the schedule on the assumption
      that we can start at 11. If we have to wait until noon, we'll just
      do less Open Programming.

      3) Remember that if you use Google to get directions, follow them
      with caution. Our experience has shown that while the map itself is
      accurate, the directions are significantly less than perfect.
      Personally, I'd suggest Ask.com instead.

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but
      I'll be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's
      a bit easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work
      around that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to
      tears. I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody
      likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Los Altos Library. Map below.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including
      different shows to try, in case something doesn't show up or doesn't
      play properly. This club is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

      CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 4th Saturday this month
      from 11 AM to ? PM at the Los Altos Library.

      Meetings are free and open to the public

      Schedule for 28 February 2009

      11:00 - 11:15 Opening Shorts: Fireball 5, Chocolate Underground 5,
      Akiba-chan 3
      11:15 - 11:40 Kenichi 13
      11:40 - 12:05 Rosario + Vampire 12
      12:05 - 12:25 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements / Etc.
      12:25 - 12:50 Kannagi 4
      12:50 - 1:15 Michiko to Hatchin 3
      1:15 - 1:40 Wolf and Spice 12
      1:40 - 2:05 Soul Eater 13
      2:05 - 2:30 Kemeko DX 4
      2:30 - 2:55 Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo 7
      2:55 - 3:20 Kamen no Maid Guy 10
      3:20 - 3:45 White Album 3
      3:45 - 4:35 New Show Tryout: Maria+Holic 1-2
      4:35 - 5:25 New Show Tryout: Asu no Yoichi 1-2
      5:25 - ?:?0 Open Programming
      New releases often make this one of the best parts of the program
      (and obscure shows can make it one of the weirdest parts!)

      (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change, YMMV)

      Questions/comments?
      Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
      Anything else: Ed Goodwin edgoodwin9@... (408)227-4292

      Venue information:
      Los Altos Library
      13 S. San Antonio Rd.
      Los Altos, CA 94022
      (650) 948-7683

      Map:
      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=13+S+San+Antonio+Rd,
      +Los+Altos,
      +CA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.772232,59.414063&ie=UTF8&ll=37.381224,-122.114153&spn=0.014357,0.014505&z=16

      If that link doesn't work, try this one: http://tinyurl.com/3bp2cq

      If you're like me, and like to have directions from a known location,
      http://tinyurl.com/35mfjf will give you a map and directions to the
      library from our usual meeting place at the Campbell Library.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2009

        I've been to several Bay Area Games Day events at that venue.  Those are held on Saturdays and run well past the Library closing time of 6pm.  I do not know how arrangements were made, but the rest rooms have always been kept open after hours for those events.  If you think you may run past 6pm you should ask about that.  (I remember attending a CA-West meeting there and leaving early because the rest room was locked up.)  Also, the Friends of the Library have raised many $$$ at Games Days through the honor system snack cart in the lobby.  There is a nice selection of snacks, sodas, juices, coffee and teas.  Bring small bills and change and you won't have to make a snack run.

        MM

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2009
          On Sunday 22 February 2009 at 1:54 pm, Mike wrote:
          > kept open after hours for those events.  If you think you may run past 6pm
          > you should ask about that.  (I remember attending a CA-West meeting there
          > and leaving early because the rest room was locked up.)  Also, the Friends

          Yes, thank you for the reminder. We have had mixed results on that -- sometimes they've left the restrooms open for us, sometimes not. I'll try to remember to ask about that when we get the room opened for us.

          > of the Library have raised many $$$ at Games Days through the honor system
          > snack cart in the lobby.  There is a nice selection of snacks, sodas,
          > juices, coffee and teas.  Bring small bills and change and you won't have
          > to make a snack run.

          Indeed. Even if you bring lunch with you, throwing cash at the Friends via the snack cart for a late afternoon caffeine or sugar fix is a good thing to do!

          Pope Goestheveezl was the shortest reigning pope in the history of the
          Church, reigning for two hours and six minutes on 1 April 1866. The
          white smoke had hardly faded into the blue of the Vatican skies before
          it dawned on the assembled multitudes in St. Peter's Square that his
          name had hilarious possibilities. The crowds fell about, helpless with
          laughter, singing
          Half a pound of tuppenny rice
          Half a pound of treacle
          That's the way the chimney smokes
          Pope Goestheveezl
          The square was finally cleared by armed carabineri with tears of
          laughter streaming down their faces. The event set a record for
          hilarious civic functions, smashing the previous record set when Baron
          Hans Neizant Bompzidaize was elected Landburgher of Koln in 1653.
          -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"