CA-West Feb-April Schedule

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
      Hi all,

      Sorry, I've been remiss in updating you all.  *gomen gomen*  So, here's the schedule as it stands:

      Feb 28 - LA Lib - 12-7 pm - Paid for
      Mar 21 - LA Lib - 12-7 pm - Paid for
      April 25 - Milpitas Lib - 12-8 pm (?) - Not yet paid for

      Well, I've booked both days until 8, just in case, but we can end earlier, in case people want to go out to eat after. ^^

      Now, I have a question: as you can tell, I'm thinking of moving us to the Milpitas library again.  Mainly because I can call them the day of to book instead, I'm usually near Milpitas to reserve (to visit friends) anyway, and I know a lot of our members live closer to Milpitas.  With Los Altos, it's a bit of a hassle for me to drive up there if I'm not going there already, if I wait until Foothill meets to reserve the room, it's usually booked, and we'd clash with Foothill (minor concern).  We'd still have to use LA b/c Milpitas also has their tax thing during Feb-April.  I think we discussed this last spring, and people seemed open to the idea, but I think we dropped it because Milpitas had their tax thing and their summer program in the room.  The librarian I talked to said they have a new Children's Ctr for the kids' summer reading program, so the room might be more available this summer, but there might be more summer programs using it.  Would people be open to the idea of meeting at Milpitas if the opportunity comes up?

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2009

        On Wednesday 28 January 2009 at 11:14 pm, Eileen Chong wrote:

        > Hi all,

        Hi, Elaine!

        > Sorry, I've been remiss in updating you all. *gomen gomen* So, here's the

        > schedule as it stands:

        Quite alright. We do, after all, still have a month to get ready for the February meeting.

        > Feb 28 - LA Lib - 12-7 pm - Paid for

        > Mar 21 - LA Lib - 12-7 pm - Paid for

        > April 25 - Milpitas Lib - 12-8 pm (?) - Not yet paid for

        > Well, I've booked both days until 8, just in case, but we can end earlier,

        > in case people want to go out to eat after. ^^

        Do you know if there is anyone scheduled before us? If not, maybe we could start at our usual 11:00 time instead of noon.

        > Now, I have a question: as you can tell, I'm thinking of moving us to the

        > Milpitas library again. Mainly because I can call them the day of to book

        Well, we should be able to have the April meeting back at Campbell, since the 18th (third Saturday) is after tax day. Ed, can you confirm that we've got that day?

        As for Milpitas, I at least, am willing to consider it. But I think we should discuss it at the meeting, since the people who need to say yes or no are the ones who attend the meetings; a group that is not exactly the same as the group who read the list.

        "Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time."

        -- Steven Wright