Link for MyAnimeList

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2008
      Hi all,

      Here's the site I was talking about at the meeting: http://myanimelist.net.  The idea of this site is, users enter information about new anime/manga, rate them, write reviews, rate and leave comments about fansubbers, and post recommendations for similar shows, and add them to lists of shows they're currently watching.  They have a lot of users and entries: 110,000 users, 6 million anime, and 1 million manga entries.  Granted, only about 3,000 of the anime and manga have user ratings, their scoring system isn't great, and for some reason, none of the 4 or below scores show.  They also don't have any scanlator info or ratings for manga, unfortunately.  However, it's a great site for seeing what people thought was good, ranking animes/manga against each other, and seeing which fansubbers people thought were good, and I use it all the time for finding new animes.

      There's an Advanced Search function, too (click on the search button on the 1st page, then click the Advanced Search link on the page that comes up) where you can pick a score (to get all series with a certain score and above), status "currently airing" (for newer series), and parental rating.  Oh, and you can break out all of your searches and results by type (for anime: OVA, ONA(?), special, movie - for manga: manwha, manhua, OEL, light novel, one-shot, doujin) and sort by score, parental ratings, etc.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2008
        Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that several of the shows we've shown at our last 2 meetings, including Kannagi, Toradora, and Kemeko, show up within the first 3 pages of this site as highly rated current shows, if you do a search, limit it to currently airing shows, and sort by ratings. =D