Decision: July meeting location/date
- My vote, here, is for the 19th, since I made travel plans a long time
ago which would keep me here for the regular meeting, but gone on the
26th That makes it a 2 to 2 tie. I guess nobody else had a strong
enough preference to comment on it.
Since the people with the equipment and the program are available on
the 19th, not the 26th, and it's when and where people expect to find
us, we'll have the July meeting on the 19th in the Campbell library.
It'll be a little short, but the other factors outweigh that.
That leaves the pre-paid reservation at Los Altos available for a
second meeting if anyone wants to run it. The equipment and the
(shortened) program will be at the Campbell Library the afternoon of
the 19th if someone (well-known to us) wants to hold onto it to use
on the 26th. If you want, you can watch the program you missed,
and/or whatever else you can provide to fill whatever time you want
Let me know ASAP if someone wants to do this 2nd meeting. If I don't
hear from someone in the next day or two I'm planning to try to
cancel Los Altos this week & get a refund.
--- In CA-West@yahoogroups.com, ehem+yahoo@... wrote:
> >From: ed_cawest <GOODWINE@...>
> > We have a choice of two existing reservations:
> > Jul 19 Campbell Library 12:30PM - 5:30PM
> > Pros: our regular day and place
> > Cons: a short meeting, $10 already paid for 7/26 @ Los Altos
> > or
> > Jul 26 Los Altos Library 11:00AM - 10:00PM
> > Pros: plenty of time
> > Cons: not the usual day or place
> > This is open for discussion on the group: Which one?
> Cute, there are distinct downsides for both for me. The first loses
> hour and a half. The second is much longer, but I'm liable to get
> meeting late (prior engagement).
> The balance though strongly argues for July 26th. Even though the
> a little interesting, the location is much closer to me. I'll take
> greater time at the end over shortening the meeting.
> I've managed to get my hands on a useful piece of network hardware
> I'll be bringing to the meeting. If the meeting is on the 26th,
> brief network downtime when I arrive, since folks will want this in
> (since it is a heck of a lot better than what is currently used).
> (\___(\___(\______ --=> 8-) EHM <=-- ______/)___/)
> \BS ( | EHeM@... PGP F6B23DE0 | ) /
> \_CS\ | _____ -O #include <stddisclaimer.h> O- _____
| / _/
> 2477\___\_|_/DC21 03A0 5D61 985B <-PGP-> F2BE 6526 ABD2 F6B2
- Okay. As I said before, in the "July 26th Ideas" thread and other places, I won't be able to make the 19th. I could make the 26th (on time) and bring equipment from Ed's house if people want to meet and need it. We could show randoms, gimp things together, and so forth.
Let me know what you guys decide for the August meeting, and if you want to keep the 17th Milpitas reservation or change it to something else. If we happen to make it Aug the 16th, I also won't be able to make it as it appears I have a "family reunion" on that date.