Re: [CA-West] Discussion: July meeting location/date

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2008
      On Tuesday 08 July 2008 at 08:08 pm, Eileen Chong wrote:
      > My vote is for July 26, because I'll be gone on the 19th.

      Funny, I was going to say that my vote would be for the 19th, because I'll be
      gone on the 26th. (Seriously, though, if the group would prefer the 26th,
      I'll prep a machine and send it along with the projector.)

      > Or, as Ed said, we could have 2 meetings! xD

      Only if you want to watch the same things twice, 'cause I don't think I want
      to put together two different schedules. <grin>

      Ah say, son, you're about as sharp as a bowlin' ball.
    • ehem+yahoo@m5p.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2008
        >From: ed_cawest <GOODWINE@...>
        > We have a choice of two existing reservations:
        >
        > Jul 19 Campbell Library 12:30PM - 5:30PM
        > Pros: our regular day and place
        > Cons: a short meeting, $10 already paid for 7/26 @ Los Altos
        >
        > or
        >
        > Jul 26 Los Altos Library 11:00AM - 10:00PM
        > Pros: plenty of time
        > Cons: not the usual day or place
        >
        > This is open for discussion on the group: Which one?

        Cute, there are distinct downsides for both for me. The first loses an
        hour and a half. The second is much longer, but I'm liable to get to the
        meeting late (prior engagement).

        The balance though strongly argues for July 26th. Even though the time is
        a little interesting, the location is much closer to me. I'll take the
        greater time at the end over shortening the meeting.

        I've managed to get my hands on a useful piece of network hardware that
        I'll be bringing to the meeting. If the meeting is on the 26th, expect a
        brief network downtime when I arrive, since folks will want this in use
        (since it is a heck of a lot better than what is currently used).

        --
        (\___(\___(\______ --=> 8-) EHM <=-- ______/)___/)___/)
        \BS ( | EHeM@... PGP F6B23DE0 | ) /
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2008
          My vote, here, is for the 19th, since I made travel plans a long time
          ago which would keep me here for the regular meeting, but gone on the
          26th That makes it a 2 to 2 tie. I guess nobody else had a strong
          enough preference to comment on it.

          Since the people with the equipment and the program are available on
          the 19th, not the 26th, and it's when and where people expect to find
          us, we'll have the July meeting on the 19th in the Campbell library.
          It'll be a little short, but the other factors outweigh that.

          That leaves the pre-paid reservation at Los Altos available for a
          second meeting if anyone wants to run it. The equipment and the
          (shortened) program will be at the Campbell Library the afternoon of
          the 19th if someone (well-known to us) wants to hold onto it to use
          on the 26th. If you want, you can watch the program you missed,
          and/or whatever else you can provide to fill whatever time you want
          to use.

          Let me know ASAP if someone wants to do this 2nd meeting. If I don't
          hear from someone in the next day or two I'm planning to try to
          cancel Los Altos this week & get a refund.

          Ed

          --- In CA-West@yahoogroups.com, ehem+yahoo@... wrote:

          > >From: ed_cawest <GOODWINE@...>
          > > We have a choice of two existing reservations:
          > >
          > > Jul 19 Campbell Library 12:30PM - 5:30PM
          > > Pros: our regular day and place
          > > Cons: a short meeting, $10 already paid for 7/26 @ Los Altos
          > >
          > > or
          > >
          > > Jul 26 Los Altos Library 11:00AM - 10:00PM
          > > Pros: plenty of time
          > > Cons: not the usual day or place
          > >
          > > This is open for discussion on the group: Which one?
          >
          > Cute, there are distinct downsides for both for me. The first loses
          an
          > hour and a half. The second is much longer, but I'm liable to get
          to the
          > meeting late (prior engagement).
          >
          > The balance though strongly argues for July 26th. Even though the
          time is
          > a little interesting, the location is much closer to me. I'll take
          the
          > greater time at the end over shortening the meeting.
          >

          > I've managed to get my hands on a useful piece of network hardware
          that
          > I'll be bringing to the meeting. If the meeting is on the 26th,
          expect a
          > brief network downtime when I arrive, since folks will want this in
          use
          > (since it is a heck of a lot better than what is currently used).
          >

          > --
          ___/)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2008
            Okay.  As I said before, in the "July 26th Ideas" thread and other places, I won't be able to make the 19th.  I could make the 26th (on time) and bring equipment from Ed's house if people want to meet and need it.  We could show randoms, gimp things together, and so forth.

            Let me know what you guys decide for the August meeting, and if you want to keep the 17th Milpitas reservation or change it to something else.  If we happen to make it Aug the 16th, I also won't be able to make it as it appears I have a "family reunion" on that date.