294SUNDAY 26 January Meeting (Los Altos)

    Jan 18, 2014
      SPECIAL COMMENTS FOR THIS MONTH:

      1) Reminders: Los Altos Library, 1/26 (4th SUNDAY of the month). NOON START! See details below.
      1.5) Let me say that again: We're meeting on SUNDAY the 26th at NOON in LOS ALTOS.
      2) Because of the late start time, we will begin immediately after the equipment is set up.
      3) Consider Open Programming to be a "TBD". We'll see how tired and cranky everyone is feeling and play it by ear (like everything else we do).
      4) We have a lot of new openings in the program. I'm going to take some time filling them. This month, for example, we'll try two shows from the new season, one from last season, and--instead of trialling a fourth show--a movie.

      UPCOMING MEETINGS:
      January: Los Altos 1/26 (4th SUNDAY, NOON START)
      February: TBD
      March: TBD

      REQUESTS:
      I'm always open to suggestions for new shows. I prefer email, but I'll be happy to take your ideas in person at the meetings too. It's a bit easier if you can supply the show, but if not, we can work around that...

      Also, please tell me if we're showing something that bores you to tears. I really don't want to waste time showing things that nobody likes!

      ROUTINE:
      The meeting will be held at the Campbell Library. Directions and a map are below.

      We'll always have plenty of backup material on hand, including different shows to try, in case something doesn't show up or doesn't play properly. This club is nothing if not flexible.

      Thanks all and see you there!

      ------------------------- schedule -------------------------

      CA-West

      Club Anime West meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month
      from 11 AM to 5:30 PM at the Campbell Library.
      (except when it doesn't)
      This month it's the 4th Sunday!
      At LOS ALTOS!

      Meetings are free and open to the public

      Schedule for 26 January 2014

      12:00 - 12:15 Opening Shorts: Dibetagurashi 4, Chitose GetChu 15, Senyuu 3
      12:15 - 12:30 Namiguchigawa no Muromi-san 10
      12:30 - 1:20 New Show Tryout: Space Dandy 1-2
      1:20 - 1:45 Gatchaman Crowds 4
      1:45 - 2:10 Uchouten Kazoku 5
      2:10 - 2:35 Suisei no Gargantia 7
      2:35 - 3:00 Shinsekai Yori 13
      3:00 - 3:15 Business Meeting / Con Reports / Announcements
       3:15 -  4:05 New Show Tryout: Silver Spoon 1-2
       4:05 -  4:30 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 7
      4:30 - 4:55 Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge 8
      4:55 - 5:20 Hataraku Maou-Sama 10
      5:20 - 6:10 New Show Tryout: Noragami 1-2
      6:10 - 7:40 Friends: Mononoke Shima no Naki
      7:40 - ?:?? Open Programming / Cleanup

      (times are approximate, schedule is subject to change, YMMV)

      Questions/comments?
      Schedule: Casey Karp casey@... (510)262-0710
      Anything else: Ed Goodwin edgoodwin9@... (408)227-4292
      (put "CA-West" in the email subject or you might be filtered as spam)

      Venue information:
      Los Altos Library
      13 S. San Antonio Rd.
      Los Altos, CA 94022