BN Blog and New Book

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2011

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: James Mathews <JLMTopog@...>
      Date: February 24, 2011 12:56:32 AM EST
      Subject: Fwd: [ByzantiumNovumSenate] BN Blog and New Book

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: James Mathews <JLMTopog@...>
      Date: February 24, 2011 12:53:53 AM EST
      Subject: Re: [ByzantiumNovumSenate] BN Blog and New Book

      Greetings Comrades;

      For those who may have an interest I have posted two more Saracen Forts / Strongholds and one of Constantinople on my blog;

      One of the three diagrams deals with the Theodosian Walls of Constantinople.  Recently I forwarded a list of books in regard to the fortification, battle, and fall of Constantinople.  Senator Cassius had earlier indicated that he would like to see some examples of Byzantine fortification construction, and this plate of the Theo. Walls is particularly for him as well as all the others in BN.

      Since I have requested to be considered for the position of Asst. Foreign Minister for Saracen /Ottoman organizations, I thought that perhaps I should learn a little about the "other side" of the long struggle between the Byzantines and Islamic forces.  The references that are listed on the blog  diagrams are very informative and I am beginning to get a fair idea of the growth and expansion of the Islamic fortification design and construction as well as the engineering aspects in converting captured fortifications for the use of Islamic forces.  It is a very interesting topic and one which I thoroughly enjoy.