ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL
POSITION IN ATHENS
Deadline: October 31
Term: A full-time (12 months) position beginning July 1, 2015 for three years, with the possibility of renewal for a final fourth year.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include room and board at the School.
Qualifications: Candidates must have earned the PhD from a North American university no more than three years prior to the application and must have spent a minimum of a year as a Member of the ASCSA. An active agenda for research and publication, knowledge of Greece and Modern Greek, and teaching experience are expected.
• To help the Director in the administration of School business and to stand in for the Director when needed. Reports to the Director of the School.
• To assist with the academic program under the direction of the Mellon Professor by lecturing, leading short trips or offering mini-seminars/workshops on area(s) of expertise.
• To serve as a contact and resource person for all members of the School and to live in Loring Hall.
• To help with the planning of the Summer Session by suggesting itineraries, speakers, and generally offering support to the Summer Session Directors, but not making actual arrangements.
• To be a visible presence in the Athenian social and academic scene by attending functions as an official of the School.
• Pursue research on a project.
Application: The Assistant Director will be appointed by the ASCSA Managing Committee (through the Personnel Committee) in consultation with the Director of the School and the Andrew W. Mellon Professor. Letter of application, curriculum vitae, research project description (up to three pages in length) submitted online at: https://ascsa.wufoo.com/forms/assistant-director-application/
. Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to application@...
. Final candidates may be interviewed at the annual meeting of the AIA in New Orleans in January.
The appointment will be announced by January 15.
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment
Ms. Mary Darlington
American School of Classical Studies at Athens
6-8 Charlton Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-683-0800 Ext 11