Stereotypically Byzantine (a book review)

  • jsmithcsa
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2014
      "From the Hittites to the Huns, the Sassanids to the Seljuks, every traveler across this land has left his or her mark. Some of these are above ground and obvious, such as soaring minarets or impregnable castles. Others are buried and have only come to light as a result of the digging of foundations or underground transport networks such as the Marmaray tunnel carrying train passengers underneath the Bosporus.

      "“A Short History of the Byzantine Empire” by Dionysios Stahakopoulos, is published by IB Tauris, 2014 13 pounds in paperback ISBN: 978-178076194-7 Four stars out of five"

      Baduila

      BADUILA CHALKEUS
      Senator, Grand Chancellor of Byzantium Novum, Duke of Anatoliou Pelagous, etc.
    • Tammy Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2014
        Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if my library system has it.
      • jsmithcsa
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2014
          Hi there,

          I had the same thought. Please let me know if you find it.

          Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM
          From: "Tammy Johnson tlj110166@... [ByzantiumNovumCulture]" <ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com>
          To: ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Re: Stereotypically Byzantine (a book review)

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
            Here's something else by the same author.

            Dionysios Stathakopoulos surveys the history of the Byzantine Empire from its foundation in 324 to its conquest in 1453.

            http://www.historytoday.com/dionysios-stathakopoulos/elusive-eastern-empire

            My library doesn't have that book, Baduila.

            Anna

          • Basil Smith