Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Byzantine Recipes

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
      I love the Gode Cookery site. They have a Yahoo group as well, although it's not very active. I used some of their info in school, actually, and used it as a source for various papers in both undergrad and graduate courses with no issues from professors. I have found that their recipes are often quite period, and I like their Byzantine recipes for their authentic ingredients. I think they are a great source for medieval recipes.

      On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:30:23 -0400, J. C. Smith <JSmithCSA@...> wrote:

      Hi there,

      I found this website today and some of these recipes look pretty tasty. Can someone more knowledgeable about food than I take a look to see how Byzantine-ish they are?  All I do is eat the stuff -- cooking is usually left to those who do it better than me.

      Baduila the Perpetually Hungry

      JEFFREY C. SMITH

      "Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray but almost blind in the service of my country." -- George Washington

      Amma Doukaina
      Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous,
      Deputy Grand Prelate of the Church of BN (Classical Religion),
      Grand Chamberlain, and so on, and so forth.....