Recipe:

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 25 4:00 PM
      Lady Amma;

      This sounded pretty good if you like lamb, and somewhat exotic and certainly coming from the right place!

      Turkish Lamb Kebabs (cop sis [“Trash Kebabs”])

      Active time: 45 minutes -- Start to finish : 50 minutes

      Ground Urfa and Maras peppers are flavorful without being fiery.  If you find only one, use one tablespoon of it.  For sources for these spices and the lavash bread, see Shopping List below;

      --Urfa and Maras Peppers -- Kalustyan’s (212) 685-3451;
      --Lavash Bread -- Middle Eastern Markets.

      I- Medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
      1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
      1 medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
      1 teaspoon dried oregano
      1/2 Tablespoon of Urfa pepper
      1/2 tablespoon Maras pepper
      6 tablespoons olive oil
      3/4 teaspoon salt
      1 (1 1/2 -lb.) piece boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 32 1 inch cubes
      1/2 teaspoon black pepper
      4 (10-inch) square pieces of soft lavash bread

      Special equipment: 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes

      >If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, ten light charcoal.  Charcoal is medium hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above the rack for 3 to 4 seconds.  If using a gas grill; preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderate.

      >Stir together onion, parsley, tomato,oregano, Urfa, and Maras peppers, two tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

      >Pat lamb dry, then toss with black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and thread four lamb cubes onto each skewer, leaving a little space in between cubes.  Brush lavash (on both sides) with remaining 3 tablespoon oil and transfer to platter.

      >Grill lamb covered only if using a gas grill, on lightly oiled rack, turning over once, until medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes total.  transfer lamb skewers tp  a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.

      >Grill lavash , covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until just heated through and lightly browned, but still flexible, about 45 seconds total.  Remove lamb from skewer and divide among pieces of lavash.  Top lamb with tomato mixture and roll up lavash to enclose lamb.  Serve immediately.
      Cooks Note:

      If you aren’t able to grill outdoors, lamb can be grilled in a large well-seasoned ridged grill pan (without crowding) over moderately high  heat, turning over once, about eight minutes total for medium-rare.  Lavash can be heated in four batches in grill pan over moderately high heat turning over once, about i minute total for each batch.  Wrap in foil to keep warm.

      Reference:  “Gourmet Magazine,” (May-2005), Instanbul, Turkey, Street Vendor, Egyptian Spice Bazaar, page 72.

      Respectfully Submitted;

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 25 4:04 PM
        Oh that sounds so delicious!! Ulfr and I were recently talking about a place we used to eat in CO that served the most delicious kebab and shwarma dishes. The place was called Yum Yum and it certainly was!

        Thank you!

        Blessings,

        Amma Doukaina
        Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous,
        Deputy Grand Prelate of the Church of BN (Classical Religion),
        Grand Chamberlain, and so on, and so forth.....

        On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:00:33 -0400, James Mathews <JLMTopog@...> wrote:

        Lady Amma;

        This sounded pretty good if you like lamb, and somewhat exotic and certainly coming from the right place!

        Turkish Lamb Kebabs (cop sis [“Trash Kebabs”])

        Active time: 45 minutes -- Start to finish : 50 minutes

        Ground Urfa and Maras peppers are flavorful without being fiery.  If you find only one, use one tablespoon of it.  For sources for these spices and the lavash bread, see Shopping List below;

        --Urfa and Maras Peppers -- Kalustyan’s (212) 685-3451;
        --Lavash Bread -- Middle Eastern Markets.

        I- Medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
        1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
        1 medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
        1 teaspoon dried oregano
        1/2 Tablespoon of Urfa pepper
        1/2 tablespoon Maras pepper
        6 tablespoons olive oil
        3/4 teaspoon salt
        1 (1 1/2 -lb.) piece boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 32 1 inch cubes
        1/2 teaspoon black pepper
        4 (10-inch) square pieces of soft lavash bread

        Special equipment: 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes

        >If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, ten light charcoal.  Charcoal is medium hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above the rack for 3 to 4 seconds.  If using a gas grill; preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then reduce heat to moderate.

        >Stir together onion, parsley, tomato,oregano, Urfa, and Maras peppers, two tablespoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

        >Pat lamb dry, then toss with black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and thread four lamb cubes onto each skewer, leaving a little space in between cubes.  Brush lavash (on both sides) with remaining 3 tablespoon oil and transfer to platter.

        >Grill lamb covered only if using a gas grill, on lightly oiled rack, turning over once, until medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes total.  transfer lamb skewers tp  a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.

        >Grill lavash , covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until just heated through and lightly browned, but still flexible, about 45 seconds total.  Remove lamb from skewer and divide among pieces of lavash.  Top lamb with tomato mixture and roll up lavash to enclose lamb.  Serve immediately.
        Cooks Note:

        If you aren’t able to grill outdoors, lamb can be grilled in a large well-seasoned ridged grill pan (without crowding) over moderately high  heat, turning over once, about eight minutes total for medium-rare.  Lavash can be heated in four batches in grill pan over moderately high heat turning over once, about i minute total for each batch.  Wrap in foil to keep warm.

        Reference:  “Gourmet Magazine,” (May-2005), Instanbul, Turkey, Street Vendor, Egyptian Spice Bazaar, page 72.

        Respectfully Submitted;

      • J. C. Smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 25 4:37 PM
          Hi there,

          'Scuse me for jumping in this conversation, but I love lamb. My wife and I had lamb kabobs for dinner at a new restaurant in town Saturday night. Love the bread, too.

          "Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray but almost blind in the service of my country." -- George Washington

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 25 4:38 PM
            Jump away! When I was about 2, there was a period of about 3 weeks where I refused to eat anything but lamb chops. LOL It's so expensive, we very rarely have eaten it.

            Grand Chamberlain, Grand Librarian
            and so on, and so forth.....

          • J. C. Smith
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 25 4:47 PM
              Duchess Amma,

              When I win the lottery*, I'll take Ulfr and you to one of my favorite restaurants. It's a little Lebanese place in Manama, Bahrain. You can get lamb chops for a few dollars, with hummus and bread and the works.

              Baduila

              *Don't hold your breath, I don't play the lottery. I just dream about what I'd do with the money.

              JEFFREY C. SMITH

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 25 5:09 PM
                  I'll take care of everything!  It's my fantasy so everything will go perfectly ha ha ha.

                  Actually, the restaurant I'm thinking of is a ground floor place and all the good hotels are accessible.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 25 5:12 PM
                    Then count me in! I look forward to dreaming about it as well! LOL

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 25 6:14 PM

                      Garçon!  Table for four!

                      JEFFREY C. SMITH