Awaiting a new book... :)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010
      Greetings,

      Hopefully, in the next day or so I'll be receiving "Daily Life in Byzantium" which I've ordered from Amazon.

      I'm very much hoping that this gives at least a beginning overview into the daily components of Byzantine culture... from say, the average routine of a Citizen in the Eastern Roman Empire, to games played by Byzantine children.

      Honestly, this book is a glimmer of hope and I'm hoping I'm not disappointed. Most of the historical work I've been reading has a lot of grand overview of religion and politics... but not much about Byzantine Life as a thing in and of itself.

      We have really needed more cultural information here to get people more involved in Byzantine community. Once we have more information for the Citizens of Byzantium Novum, we'll also be more effective in presenting Byzantine culture to the outside world. :)