historical Byzantine cosmetics?

  • julianabyz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2010
      Is anyone familiar with common cosmetics practices in the major urban centers of the historical Byzantine Empire? Of course, it varied greatly from region to region and had cultural variation. What about Constantinople?

      I found this website http://www.agelessartifice.com/ Ageless Artifice which specializes in quality made historical cosmetics and hygiene tools. I ordered some kohl from them since this is something I wear on a regular basis; I can't comment on the company's products because I have yet to receive the package.
      Still, I just thought I'd pass it along. :)

      Juliana