Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Heaven on Earth:Art of Byzantium

  • Paulos Lykaios
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8 9:09 PM
      I will definitely go to this event.

      --- On Wed, 5/8/13, J. C. Smith <JSmithCSA@...> wrote:

      From: J. C. Smith <JSmithCSA@...>
      Subject: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Heaven on Earth:Art of Byzantium
      To: "Byzantium Novum Culture List" <ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 7:50 PM

      Heaven on Earth:Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections to Premiere at National Gallery of Art

      WASHINGTON, DC―In the first exhibition devoted to Byzantine art at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, some 170 rare and important works, drawn exclusively from Greek collections, will offer a fascinating glimpse of the soul and splendor of the mysterious Byzantine Empire. On view in the West Building from October 6, 2013, through March 2, 2014, Heaven and Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections will trace the development of Byzantine visual culture from the fourth to the 15th century, beginning with the ancient pagan world of the late Roman Empire and continuing to the opulent and deeply spiritual world of the new Christian Byzantine Empire.

      Baduila Chalkeus

      JEFFREY C. SMITH

      "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -- Yogi Berra

    • Tammy Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9 10:41 AM
        Thanks for the link! Now if I still lived in Richmond VA....

        Anna