Re: Modern Byz. Look

  • Tammy Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 9, 2013
      Baduila,

      You don't have the figure, or the legs, to be able to pull it off....Then again, neither do I....

      :-P

      Anna
    • alexander_kings_epikernius
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2013
        Greetings all,
        I am finaly able to write again and good to be back!

        This outfit actually is part of a collection that took the attention of the medieval communities in the Balkans last month. It is Dolce & Gabbana and you can see some more pictures here:
        http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG9891020/1/Milan-Fashion-Week-Dolce-and-Gabbana-autumnwinter-2013-in-pictures.html

        While I don't like some of them due to various reasons, I have to say they have really good hits, and furthermore it focuses some interest on Byzantium. As it seems Katy Perry's continuing to focus the interest on the collection, however the journalists have not understood the origin of the patterns (as always).

        Best regards!
        Alexander Shopov

        --- In ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com, "Amma Doukaina" <ammadoukaina@...> wrote:

        > What does everyone think of Katy Perry's modern Byzantine look at the Met
        > Ball? I think it's awesome.
        >
        > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2320545/Katy-Perry-wears-cathedral-inspired-embellished-dress-bejewelled-crown-2013-Met-Ball.html
        >
        > --
        > Blessings,
        >
        > Amma Doukaina
        > Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous
        > Grand Chamberlain, Grand Librarian
        > and so on, and so forth.....

      • tlj110166
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2013
          I like the crown....very pretty.

          Anna

          --- In ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com, "Amma Doukaina" <ammadoukaina@...> wrote:

          > What does everyone think of Katy Perry's modern Byzantine look at the Met
          > Ball? I think it's awesome.
          >
          > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2320545/Katy-Perry-wears-cathedral-inspired-embellished-dress-bejewelled-crown-2013-Met-Ball.html
          >
          > --
          > Blessings,
          >
          > Amma Doukaina
          > Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous
          > Grand Chamberlain, Grand Librarian
          > and so on, and so forth.....

        • J. C. Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , May 19, 2013
            You haven't seen my legs in years!  ha ha ha....but they haven't gotten any better.

            Ok -- you're right!

            "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -- Yogi Berra

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2013
              By the way, most of you may know it, but here is one of the originals that inspired that collection:

              https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/64009_397055897041192_1474037281_n.jpg

              --- In ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com, "alexander_kings_epikernius" <lord_ruthven@...> wrote:

              > Greetings all,
              > I am finaly able to write again and good to be back!
              >
              > This outfit actually is part of a collection that took the attention of the medieval communities in the Balkans last month. It is Dolce & Gabbana and you can see some more pictures here:
              > http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/galleries/TMG9891020/1/Milan-Fashion-Week-Dolce-and-Gabbana-autumnwinter-2013-in-pictures.html
              >
              > While I don't like some of them due to various reasons, I have to say they have really good hits, and furthermore it focuses some interest on Byzantium. As it seems Katy Perry's continuing to focus the interest on the collection, however the journalists have not understood the origin of the patterns (as always).
              >
              > Best regards!
              > Alexander Shopov
              >

              > --- In ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com, "Amma Doukaina" <ammadoukaina@> wrote:
              > >
              > > What does everyone think of Katy Perry's modern Byzantine look at the Met
              > > Ball? I think it's awesome.
              > >
              > > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2320545/Katy-Perry-wears-cathedral-inspired-embellished-dress-bejewelled-crown-2013-Met-Ball.html
              > >
              > > --
              > > Blessings,
              > >
              > > Amma Doukaina
              > > Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous
              > > Grand Chamberlain, Grand Librarian
              > > and so on, and so forth.....

            • J. C. Smith
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013
                Hi there,

                Thanks for posting that -- it's beautiful!

                "Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray but almost blind in the service of my country." -- George Washington