Eluveitie

  • J. C. Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi there,

      Has anyone else ever listened to this band?  They are Swiss and sing in Gaulish (the language of the ancient Gauls). It's beautiful to listen to.

      Info on the band: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eluveitie

      Sample of their work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msRy4vcSX4k (song named after a girl who died 2500 years ago)

      I wonder if there is anything similar from the eastern half of the Empire?

      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." --George Mason, Speech at the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

    • Belle Morte Statia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 12:46 PM
        Salve,

        Big Eluveitie fan...

        Pax,
         Altessa Aeternia

      • J. C. Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 6:19 AM
          Hi there, and thanks.

          I'm new to them myself, but find myself listening a lot.

          "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" -- Dave Barry