Okay, list wakeup time! :)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
      Greetings all,

      Time to wake up this list folks... I've been the only person posting here. That's pretty astounding considering the amazing amount of Byzantine cultural topics out there!

      So here's a question to get people talking:

      Is there any Byzantine cultural topic you've been checking out lately, or are interested in learning more about?

      Here's my answer: I received a late Christmas present of an Encyclopedia of Byzantine art. An amazing work with some wonderful pictures... it has been a real opportunity to check out Byzantine style in everything from painting to architecture. It is *seriously* making me wish there was more Byzantine themed art out there to decorate one's space with...

      Anyone else?

      Marcus Cassius Julianus
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
        As always, I've been fascinated with the foods and cooking, but have become very interested in the lives of the people as well. I want to know where the leaders came from, as not all came from noble families. I'm VERY interested in finding someone who can make me some garb.

        I've also recently become fascinated with peacocks and have found that they were a symbol of prosperity and peace in Byzantine times.

        On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:22:47 -0500, Cassius <byzantiumnovum@...> wrote:

        Greetings all,

        Time to wake up this list folks... I've been the only person posting here. That's pretty astounding considering the amazing amount of Byzantine cultural topics out there!

        So here's a question to get people talking:

        Is there any Byzantine cultural topic you've been checking out lately, or are interested in learning more about?

        Here's my answer: I received a late Christmas present of an Encyclopedia of Byzantine art. An amazing work with some wonderful pictures... it has been a real opportunity to check out Byzantine style in everything from painting to architecture. It is *seriously* making me wish there was more Byzantine themed art out there to decorate one's space with...

        Anyone else?

        Marcus Cassius Julianus

        Amma Doukaina
        Senator - Byzantium Novum
        Vicar and Chamberlain - Anatoliou Pelagous
        Priestess of Hestia
        Grand Librarian - Bibliotheca Byzantia

        Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

        There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
        ~~Jack E. Leonard~~

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
          Hi there,

          I am also interested in finding someone to make some garb. (I will be careful though, 7 years or so ago I was ripped off in a big way by someone who offered to make me Byzantine court garb.)

          On the other hand, I was able to buy a couple of tunics on eBay 7-8 years ago that I like quite a bit. I prefer the earlier period stuff, and that's what I got. I probably need to get more :)

          Baduila