Upcoming Holidays

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      Greetings all,

      I've just posted a thread regarding the upcoming "end of year holidays" to the Main list. I'm kind of on a quest... I'd love to add some Byzantine content to my holiday commemorations/celebrations this year and am looking for ideas of stuff one can DO.

      I did take the opportunity to advertise this list a bit also, since that kind of cultural discussion should be going on HERE, lol.

      So, anyone have thoughts on how a person could make their Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays more Eastern Roman? (I know Thanksgiving is a secular US holiday but the Byzantines did a lot of thanksgiving in general, and I AM celebrating it personally!)

      Anyone have any thoughts on prayers, hymns, activities, decorations, stuff to read, craft projects, etc. for any of the above holidays?

      Heck, come to think of it, maybe if we get enough good stuff it would be worth adding a holiday celebrations page to the main website!

      Would love to hear any ideas!