Byzantine - mosaics - Galilee / Fort St. Nicholas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2012

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: James Mathews <JLMTopog@...>
      Date: July 21, 2012 12:40:53 AM EDT
      Subject: [ByzantiumNovum] Byzantine - mosaics - Galilee / Fort St. Nicholas

      Senator Cassius;

      Thanks for the heads up on the Galilee Byzantine Mosaics.  They look quite splendid and with the uniquely cut square cubes must be particularly precious.

      For those who may have an interest, I have finally finished my drawing of Fort St. Nicholas and have posted it on the Byzantium Novum Militarium blog, together with a brief description.  Of the three forts so far posted, my favorite is still the Tower of the Windmills, but the history of Rhodes maintains that it was Fort St. Nicholas which was the main target of the Turks during their several attacks on Rhodes--

      The next two drawings up will be the Fortifications of the posts of Germany and France.

      Respectfully Submitted;