Byzantine craft project... :)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2012
      Greetings all,

      I was tooling around the Internet this morning and came across some .pdf instructions for making boxes with a Byzantine design. It's kind of a kid's craft project, but I'm sure an adult could make it nice as well. It seemed interesting enough to be worth a cross post:

      http://kwvestments.com/campcrafts/instructionsboxes.pdf

      -Marcus Cassius Julianus
    • J. C. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2012
        Hi there,

        This is perfect. I bought a small wooden box to "medievalize" during the winter and forgot about it. I later tried to paint it but never really had an idea of what to do with it besides tie up some time during the winter. Now I have a project!

        Thanks

        "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric." -- Thomas Sowell

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2012
          Greetings All;

          For those who might have an interest, I have uploaded two more
          drawings into the BN Blog.

          http://ByzantiumNovumMilitarium.blogspot.com

          Respectfully Submitted:

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2012
            Senator Cassius;

            Some time ago you asked if I would allow you to pay for the postage of
            some pictures that I put on the Militarium Blog. You never did tell
            me what pictures you wanted. If you think that the pictures would be
            wanted by anyone else, I have no idea what to charge for them except
            the cost of printing and postage. I have no idea what the postage
            cost is (probably between $.50 and $1.00), and my local printer
            charges me about $.50 for each printed picture (8 1/2 x 14). Outside
            of that I have no idea what they are worth. If you could give me your
            idea of the prices for such a picture or diagram, then I will offer
            them for sale with half off the total price to anyone registered in
            Byzantium Novum. Please let me know what you think about the above.

            I tried this in Nova Roma, with a e-mail catalog and all, but was
            removed from the sales list by someone who didn't like my politics, so
            I have been a little backward about something similar here. However,
            since you have brought it up, and you, I know I can trust, I will
            consider the possibility again, if you think it worthy.