Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Book

    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2012
      Greetings All;

      Sorry about the comma in place of the period.  Maybe this will help
      On Apr 30, 2012, at 10:59 PM, James Mathews wrote:

      Marcus Audens

       the
      blog is:

      http://JLMTEStory.blogspot.com if anyone is interested and can't wait
      until it is complete.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2012
        Thank you for the teaser! Looks like an interesting tale! I've never been
        any good at writing that way, although I have lots of those types of
        historical stories in my head! :)

        One of the wonderful things about the Internet is that you don't have to
        have a publisher any more! You can self-publish, and there are several
        websites out there that can help. You can make $5-10 per e-book, I've read!

        --
        Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

        There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
        ~~Jack E. Leonard~~
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2012
          Lady Anna;

          I think perhaps that you sell yourself short. I didn't think I could
          write well either, but I found that doing so in short stories, with a
          friend, that can be linked together it is much easier and better. My
          first book was a science fiction book, and I did it by myself. My
          wife typed it up for me, and I have since worked it a bit to make it
          more interesting. Another trick is to turn on a tape recorder when
          you are telling a story to another person. Then write down what you
          said in telling the story. I could never write without that
          assistance, but when I tell a "Sea Story" to a friend, and I record
          it, the written version sounds pretty good.

          I had heard that one can publish from the internet. As the tale draws
          to a close, I will have to look into such. Thank You for the heads up!

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2012
            Oh believe me! I have had more than one creative writing instructor tell
            me that my ability to write a novel would never develop. A cookbook? Now,
            that I could do. Even my final thesis for my degree came easy, and it was
            on gastronomy and religion in history. I've always admired people who
            could whip out that sort of creative storytelling. Research and recipes-
            that's what I do best! But what a tiring world we'd be in if we all shared
            the same talents!

            Best of luck finishing it up and becoming a well-read author!

            Amma

            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2012
              Lady Amma;

              Well then, I look forward to the time when you can get some recipes
              together and produce a special cookbook for the BN culture. I am sure
              that there would be some real tasty items in there. I kind of
              "collect" cookbooks and even try my hand from time to time. Of
              course, you are very correct in saying that the world would be a
              boring place if everyone had the same talents, and one of these days I
              hope to find mine (Grin!!).

              All the Best to You and Yours;

              Marcus Audens