Re: Clothing insight

  • J. C. Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
      Hi there,

      That's a great pic!  I assume you mean the man with the gold cape with the big blue "dot" on the back in the bottom half of the painting.

      Thanks for the tip!

      "An unjust law is no law at all." -- St Augustine

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2012
        Greetings All;

        Sorry about my lack of contact with the culture, but I am in the
        middle of writing a book. It didn't start out that way. My
        reenactment friends and I were just having a little internet fun, but
        it has become the basis of a book. The ending is still a long time
        away, but it looks like it will continue to the end. I have put the
        various items on a blog and from these items I intend to make into a
        book. It will probably never be published. That's what happened with
        my first book, but perhaps this one will be a tad better written. I
        have been working at writing on and off since before my retirement
        from the Navy, but this is the first chance that I have to work with
        another to put the book together. My friend has no idea what I am
        working on and I want to surprise him. He will share fully in
        whatever occurs down the road. The subject is pre-Civil War and the
        blog is:

        http://JLMTEStory,blogspot.com if anyone is interested and can't wait
        until it is complete.

        Thanks for your patience.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 5:32 AM
          Greetings All;

          Sorry about the comma in place of the period.  Maybe this will help

          Marcus Audens

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 8:43 AM
            Thank you for the teaser! Looks like an interesting tale! I've never been
            any good at writing that way, although I have lots of those types of
            historical stories in my head! :)

            One of the wonderful things about the Internet is that you don't have to
            have a publisher any more! You can self-publish, and there are several
            websites out there that can help. You can make $5-10 per e-book, I've read!

            --
            Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

            There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
            ~~Jack E. Leonard~~
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 8:53 AM
              Lady Anna;

              I think perhaps that you sell yourself short. I didn't think I could
              write well either, but I found that doing so in short stories, with a
              friend, that can be linked together it is much easier and better. My
              first book was a science fiction book, and I did it by myself. My
              wife typed it up for me, and I have since worked it a bit to make it
              more interesting. Another trick is to turn on a tape recorder when
              you are telling a story to another person. Then write down what you
              said in telling the story. I could never write without that
              assistance, but when I tell a "Sea Story" to a friend, and I record
              it, the written version sounds pretty good.

              I had heard that one can publish from the internet. As the tale draws
              to a close, I will have to look into such. Thank You for the heads up!

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1 9:00 AM
                Oh believe me! I have had more than one creative writing instructor tell
                me that my ability to write a novel would never develop. A cookbook? Now,
                that I could do. Even my final thesis for my degree came easy, and it was
                on gastronomy and religion in history. I've always admired people who
                could whip out that sort of creative storytelling. Research and recipes-
                that's what I do best! But what a tiring world we'd be in if we all shared
                the same talents!

                Best of luck finishing it up and becoming a well-read author!

                Amma

                Message 7 of 8 , May 1 9:32 AM
                  Lady Amma;

                  Well then, I look forward to the time when you can get some recipes
                  together and produce a special cookbook for the BN culture. I am sure
                  that there would be some real tasty items in there. I kind of
                  "collect" cookbooks and even try my hand from time to time. Of
                  course, you are very correct in saying that the world would be a
                  boring place if everyone had the same talents, and one of these days I
                  hope to find mine (Grin!!).

                  All the Best to You and Yours;

                  Marcus Audens