Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Byzantine foods

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 12:01 PM
      Hi there! Good question!

      I tend to think that, since Byzantium was a true medieval melting pot,
      there would be people who'd have loved modern foods! People came to
      Byzantium looking for the things they couldn't get in other parts of the
      medieval world, like spices. The medieval ideas about foods no longer
      exists, and I'd bet that, given a way to time travel forward, the
      Byzantines would have been quite amazed by the variety of foods the
      western world offers. The Byzantine people were quite forward-thinking
      when it came to food and brought us corned beef and the fork....I'd think
      they'd happily enjoy the host of flavors we have today! After all, we're a
      modern-times melting pot, not much different from Byzantium, and with a
      whole new variety of foods to enjoy, I'd think it'd be quite a wonder to
      them.

      Amma

      --
      Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

      There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
      ~~Jack E. Leonard~~