Re: "After Being Stricken by Drought, Istanbul Yields Ancient Treasure"

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Greetings,

      I'm only now getting a chance to read this article. Fascinating stuff! There have got to be more "unknown" Byzantine cities out there. There were many late Roman cities which disappeared for various reasons after the loss of the African provinces in 646 AD. It's likely some of the smaller provincial cities, like this one are now forgotten.

      -Marcus Cassius Julianus