"After Being Stricken by Drought, Istanbul Yields Ancient Treasure"

  • Sandra Rangel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2012
      Just another news article that has exciting archaeological news.

      ~Rohesia Anven of Thessaloniki
      Governor of Neophthia
    • J. C. Smith ispán
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2012
        Cool.  It's amazing that this stuff keeps turning up after so much passage of time.

        "Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights." -- Walter E. Williams

        Just another news article that has exciting archaeological news.

        http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/science/istanbul-yields-a-treasure-trove-in-ancient-bathonea.html?_r=1

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
          Greetings,

          I'm only now getting a chance to read this article. Fascinating stuff! There have got to be more "unknown" Byzantine cities out there. There were many late Roman cities which disappeared for various reasons after the loss of the African provinces in 646 AD. It's likely some of the smaller provincial cities, like this one are now forgotten.

          -Marcus Cassius Julianus