Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] The best two Byzantine recipies you'll ever see... :)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2012
      YUM! Both are great mixes and I look forward to making them when I'm back
      in the kitchen! Thanks for sharing!!

      --
      Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

      There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
      ~~Jack E. Leonard~~
    • Timothy Dawson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
        The recent discussions reminded that I had intended to put PDFs of
        some of my less accessible articles onto the costume section of my
        website (http://www.levantia.com.au).

        They include:

        'Oriental costumes in the Byzantine Court Reconsidered',
        <CITE>Byzantion</CITE> 75 (2006);

        'Concerning an unrecognised tunic from eastern Anatolia',
        <CITE>Byzantion</CITE>, 73/1 (2003), pp. 201-210;

        'Rome II: More than just a sequel’, <CITE>Skirmish</CITE>, no. 35
        (February/March 2005), pp. 19-20.

        The tunic article incorporates patterns from original garments from
        the fifth century onwards.

        Timothy
      • J. C. Smith ispán
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
          Thanks...would you mind placing this on our links page, or allow one of us to do it?

          Also, I don't see you on our roster of citizens -- woud you do us the honor of joining? http://www.byzantiumnovum.org/citizenship.htm

          "Nothing in our Constitution suggests that government is a grantor of rights. Instead, government is a protector of rights." -- Walter E. Williams

          The recent discussions reminded that I had intended to put PDFs of
          some of my less accessible articles onto the costume section of my
          website (http://www.levantia.com.au).

          They include:

          'Oriental costumes in the Byzantine Court Reconsidered',
          <CITE>Byzantion</CITE> 75 (2006);

          'Concerning an unrecognised tunic from eastern Anatolia',
          <CITE>Byzantion</CITE>, 73/1 (2003), pp. 201-210;

          'Rome II: More than just a sequel&#146;, <CITE>Skirmish</CITE>, no. 35

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2012

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2012
              Greetings,

              Many thanks for posting this! I can't wait to order some of your work on Byzantine clothing. I'm glad you have your work available in PDF form so I won't have to pay for shipping from Australia, lol. What an excellent resource! :)

              -Marcus Cassius Julianus