Greek word for:

  • Sandra Rangel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2011
      Greetings,

      I was wondering if anyone know what the Greek spelling of "chysotriklinos" is? And also is that the word to describe a Byzantine palace or a specific room or area within?

      It is referenced here, "Olga's Visit to Constantinople in De Cerimoniis" http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/rebyz_0766-5598_2003_num_61_1_2280

      Thanks,

      Rohesia
    • Timothy Dawson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2011
        > what the Greek spelling of "chysotriklinos" is? And also

        Pretty much as it looks in English: χρυσοτρίκλινος.

        > is that the word to describe a Byzantine palace or a specific room
        or area within?

        It a particular room. In fact the largest and most important
        ceremonial room in the Great Palace complex.

        T.

        Dr. Timothy Dawson
        Secretary
        Hetaireia Palatiou
      • Sandra Rangel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2011
          Thank you all for your help. :)

          ~Rohesia

        • Sandra Rangel
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
            Found a map that shows where it was located historically. I used the word in an SCA award scroll that was given at court yesterday. It was fun to hear the herald stumble on the word :D

            ~Rohesia