Byzantine-era Christian Prayer "box"

  • Sandra Rangel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Looks like a fun thing to try and recreate :)

      ~Rohesia Anven of Thessalonike
    • J. C. Smith ispán
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        I agree.  That's really interesting!

        Badui;a

        JEFFREY C. SMITH Ispán

        "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."  -- Winston Churchill

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
            I agree.  I thought it was much larger until I read that it was made from a single piece of bone, then dug around until I found the size.  It's a pocket (or pouch) item.

            I suspect it was carried by an ordinary person, altho' there's no way to know from the article.  My guess is that a clergyman would carry a larger one, or have it borne for him.

            Baduila