Re: [ByzantiumNovumSenate] Senate "Check in" ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      Senator Cassius;

      I am still around and working albeit a tad more slowly as the years
      pile up (Grin!!). I am just back from a long weekend of Civil War
      Reeactment at River Park in Sprague , CT. The Quoketaug Rangers to
      whom I still belong after a long absence was invited to do a Living
      History Encampment there as a part of Sprague's 150 year Anniversary
      Presentation. Tomorrow morning the Topog Engineers will be involved
      in a work party at Fort Trumbull (New London, CT) continuing the
      interior room restoration process that we have been involved in for
      the last few years. We have four more scheduled reenactments coming
      up before the end of October.

      In regard to BN, I have just received the following books:

      --Matthew Bennet, et al, "Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World,
      AD500 to AD1500,...";
      --Edward N. Luttwak, "The Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire, From the
      First Century AD to the Third,";
      --Edward N. Luttwak, "The Grand Strategy of the Byzantine Empire;

      I have drawn up three significant items for inclusion in the blogs:

      --Design of the Hegemonic Empire under Rome;
      --Design of the 9th century Byzantine Infantry Square;
      --A Diagram of the Battle of Casilinum (AD 554).

      As soon as these items all appear on the my computer from the pictures
      taken of them, I will transfer them to the suitable blogs.

      I have also drawn a rough sketch of "River Park," and given it to one
      of my engineers to redraw, into a larger sketch and color it.
      Meanwhile I have approved five additional drawings submitted by the
      engineers for the unit's drawing portfolio, bringing the number of
      drawings, plans, and sketches up to 503.