Medieval Lullabies?

  • ammadoukaina
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
      I'm wondering if anyone knows of any medieval lullabies and if there are any modern versions to listen to online or cd. When we move, I'll have itty bitties around (yay!) and while I know about a million songs to sing little ones to sleep, I'd love to learn medieval songs that I could teach them as well.

      I'd also love your suggestions for modern singers or groups that have a medieval sound. Mediaeval Baebes is a favorite, so is Anonymous 4. I need more!

      Thank you!

      Amma
    • Belle Morte Statia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
        Salve,

        Also another modern group I'd recommend is Blackmore's Night..  Thinking of some other ones...

        Vale,
        Aeternia

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
          Thank you, m'dear!

          --
          Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

          There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
          ~~Jack E. Leonard~~
        • Belle Morte Statia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
            Also check out a lass named Beth Patterson,I saw her perform at the last Scottish Highlands Festivals I attended in Denver..

            She plays a diggeridoo (sp) and I think she does some lullabies... She's on myspace..

            Pax,
            Aeternia

            --
            Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

            There is nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.
            ~~Jack E. Leonard~~

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               ByzantiumNovumCulture-digest@yahoogroups.com
               ByzantiumNovumCulture-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Belle Morte Statia
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
              Khairete,

              Here are some others groups I'd recommend see below..

              Modern Groups
              1.Corvus Corvax
              2.Faun
              3.Tartanic (great pipes and drums band)
              4.Gaelic Storm
              5. Enya (I mean we all  know Enya lol)
              6.Ashley McIsaac (great fiddler)
              7. Celtic Woman (well they kinda do rennie stuff)

              Traditional
              1. Corvus Corvax
              2.Loreena McKennit

              There was more but my brain has had a foggy moment.

              Pax,
              Aeternia

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
                Thank you! I love Loreena McKennit. Not so much a fan of Enya though.
                Pretty, but all her songs sound alike. :)

                I'll have to check these out!

                MM