Fw: site with men's garb

  • J. C. Smith ispán
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2011
      Hi there,

      Taken from another list.

      "The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2011
        These are somewhat confused accounts of the garment I published in
        2002/3. When I viewed the garment at first hand it was clear to me
        that the chest panel is actually symmetrical. I also concluded that
        the chest panel did not cover a central slit, but was grafted into an
        inner slit on the right side.

        The relevant bibliography is:

        'A tunic from Eastern Anatolia' COSTUME (journal) No. 36 (2002);
        ‘Concerning an unrecognised tunic from eastern Anatolia’, BYZANTION,
        73/1 (2003), pp. 201-210.

        Everyday Men’s Clothing of the Byzantine Empire: c. 900- c. 1204,
        Levantia Guides no. 2, ISBN 0-9580481-1-8 Armidale 2002. (More
        accurate patterns and instructions)

        See http://www.levantia.com.au

        Timothy.

        On 2 May 2011, at 00:54, J. C. Smith ispán wrote:

        http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/manazan_shirt/manazan_instructions.htm

        Dr. Timothy Dawson
        Secretary / Treasurer
        Hetaireia Palatiou
      • J. C. Smith ispán
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2011
          Thanks for the update!

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              ByzantiumNovumCulture-digest@yahoogroups.com
              ByzantiumNovumCulture-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2011
            Greetings Timothy,

            I had not seen the Levantia site before this, thank you so much for sharing the URL! Looks like some great information there!

            Would there be a problem with putting this up as a resource link on the Byzantium Novum website?

            Many thanks,

            Marcus Cassius Julianus

            --- In ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com, Timothy Dawson <timothy@...> wrote:

            > These are somewhat confused accounts of the garment I published in
            > 2002/3. When I viewed the garment at first hand it was clear to me
            > that the chest panel is actually symmetrical. I also concluded that
            > the chest panel did not cover a central slit, but was grafted into an
            > inner slit on the right side.
            >
            > The relevant bibliography is:
            >
            > 'A tunic from Eastern Anatolia' COSTUME (journal) No. 36 (2002);
            > `Concerning an unrecognised tunic from eastern Anatolia', BYZANTION,
            > 73/1 (2003), pp. 201-210.
            >
            > Everyday Men's Clothing of the Byzantine Empire: c. 900- c. 1204,
            > Levantia Guides no. 2, ISBN 0-9580481-1-8 Armidale 2002. (More
            > accurate patterns and instructions)
            >
            > See http://www.levantia.com.au
            >

            > Timothy.
            >
            > On 2 May 2011, at 00:54, J. C. Smith ispán wrote:
            >
            > http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/manazan_shirt/manazan_instructions.htm
            >
            > Dr. Timothy Dawson
            > Secretary / Treasurer
            > Hetaireia Palatiou

          • Timothy Dawson
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2011
              > Would there be a problem with putting this up as a resource link on
              the Byzantium Novum website?

              Be my guest.

              Timothy
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2011
                Greetings,

                Many thanks for this! Decent resources for Byzantine information are fairly few and far between, as you may have noticed. ;)