74Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] Ladies!

    Jan 2, 2011
      Of course that counts! As for a strictly ladies' group, it was discussed at some length, and the decision was, for now, to not get a separate group just for us (as there are fewer than a dozen of us!) but to try and help the culture list grow and flourish as it's been a bit lacking. So, for now, let us discuss here! If the time comes where we need our own list, I'll be on top of it. That's kind of a hope for me, but maybe the men will offer us some ideas and information!
      And so, ladies, let's go! I know there aren't many of us, but we can add sisters!
      Blessings, Amma
      He who attains love cannot fall.

      —Saint Macarius the Great

      On 1/1/2011 9:50 PM, Belle Morte Statia wrote:

      Khairete,

      I uh write poetry does that count?  You know we have a women's list set up for Nova Roma where we discuss "things of the feminine orgin" perhaps when our numbers grow in female population, it is something we could also do here.

      Pax,
      Altessa Aeternia

      On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM, ammadoukaina <ammadoukaina@...> wrote:

      Hello ladies! I know I have asked before about the ladies in BN, and I know we are few, but mighty!! I would love to have some discussion, ideas, etc., on how we, as modern women, might embrace the historical lives of Byzantine women. Are there specific skills you have that you could teach the rest of us? Do you produce videos of your skill? I would love to learn more about the way women in particular bring things Byzantine into your lives.

      For me, it's cooking, but I'd love to learn more about costuming, jewelry making and other crafts, dances, songs, religious women's lives, and whatever else comes up!

      I'd love to hear your thoughts, look at links, read books and more!