540This Culture Forum... :)

  • byzantiumnovum
    Mar 9, 2014
      Greetings all,

      As we know, this Byzantine Culture forum was established as a place where the Citizens of Byzantium Novum can discuss all aspects of Byzantine culture... from history to the "arts and sciences" of Byzantium such as art, music, costuming, calligraphy, cooking, wood/metal/leather work, etc. etc.

      Sadly, it seems that finding Byzantine culture is a bit like finding gold... it's not laying around easily in the everyday world and you have to go digging for it!  As a result this list has been a really "under used" resource.

      It would be wonderful if we can make this list more useful to all of us in the everyday world. Personally, I'd *love* to continue adding more Byzantine culture into my everyday life and this place could be a great help with that.  There *has* to be a way we can get together and get some activity going.  Perhaps it would help to see what people are interested in?

      I would be grateful if you list members could take a moment and post what aspects of Byzantine culture you're interested in, and what you'd like to see on this list.  I'll even start:

      Marcus Cassius Julianus :  I honestly don't have a lot of physical crafting skill, but I'm interested in all aspects of Byzantine culture to some degree. I'd love to know more about Byzantine food, music and everyday arts... and I might even attempt to make some Byzantine food and make some cultural efforts if practical things are shared. I think personal participation in aspects of Byzantine culture builds connection to Byzantium itself, and I'd love to do more of that!

      -Marcus Cassius Julianus
      Senate President
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic