444Re: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] A Cooking Question

    Jul 18 11:11 PM
      Actually, you can use them for lots of things, but I'm wanting to try and use it to cook a hen. You season the hen, stuff it if wanted, then put it in the bladder, which has to be soaked to soften it. It becomes like a sack for the hen. Then you drop it in boiling water for a couple of hours. It produces a very moist and tender hen with lots of flavor because it really locks in the flavors. The recipe most popular for this is poulet de bresse en vessie. It's a hen with lots of truffles, which I can't afford, but I would like to do one with fresh herbs.
      Amma

      On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:49:11 -0400, christopher england <cjinglaterra@...> wrote:

      I'm afraid I don't know of any sources, but just out of curiosity, what is it for?

      From: Amma Doukaina <ammadoukaina@...>
      To: "ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com" <ByzantiumNovumCulture@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:06 PM
      Subject: [ByzantiumNovumCulture] A Cooking Question

      Does anyone happen to know a source for dried pig's bladder? I've looked
      online and cannot find one.

      Amma Doukaina
      Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous,
      Deputy Grand Prelate of the Church of BN (Classical Religion),
      Grand Chamberlain, and so on, and so forth.....

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          ByzantiumNovumCulture-digest@yahoogroups.com
          ByzantiumNovumCulture-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Amma Doukaina
      Senator, Duchess of Anatoliou Pelagous,
      Deputy Grand Prelate of the Church of BN (Classical Religion),
      Grand Chamberlain, and so on, and so forth.....

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic