263The best two Byzantine recipies you'll ever see... :)

    Jan 3, 2012
      Greetings all,

      I'd like to start off the New Year with something "tasteful..."

      Here are the recipes for two Byzantine spice mixes we've been using here. Both are EXCELLENT, and can turn any basic food that would have existed in the Eastern Empire into a veritable Byzantine feast!

      Warning: the "Byzantine Sweet" is absolutely addictive. It works for any Byzantine dessert food, and is awesome just sprinkled on fruit, such as orange slices...

      Cyn's Byzantine Savory

      ¾ cup mixed color peppercorns
      ½ cup pine nuts
      ½ cup parsley
      ½ cup whole coriander
      ½ cup savory
      ½ cup ground cumin
      ½ cup cinnamon
      ½ cup celery seed
      ¼ cup whole white peppercorns
      ¼ cup whole juniper berries
      6 tablespoons ground nutmeg
      1 tablespoon ground cloves
      Grind whole spices
      Grind together in a 1 quart jar
      1 level teaspoon is appropriate spice for each portion

      *****************

      Cyn's Byzantine Sweet

      ¼ cup Byzantine Savory
      ½ cup cinnamon
      ¼ cup whole coriander
      ¼ cup whole cardamom
      2 tablespoons orange peel
      1 tablespoon nutmeg
      1 tablespoon ground cloves
      Grind whole spices
      Grind together in a 1 quart jar
      1 level teaspoon is appropriate spice for each portion
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic